Read This Privacy Statement Before Accessing the CitySourced Website & API.
Effective Date: This Privacy Statement was last updated on June 14, 2011.
1. Acknowledgement and Acceptance of Terms
CitySourced (“CitySourced”) is deeply committed to protecting your privacy. This Privacy Statement (the “Privacy Statement”) sets forth our current privacy practices with regard to the information we collect when you or your computer interacts with our website and or API. By accessing CitySourced, you acknowledge and fully understand the Privacy Statement and freely consent to the information collection and use practices described in this Privacy Statement.
2. Participating Merchant Policies
Related services, Partner (as defined below) sites and offerings with links from this website, including vendor sites, have their own privacy statements that can be viewed by clicking on the corresponding links within each respective website. Online merchants and others who participate in CitySourced’s services are encouraged to participate in industry privacy initiatives and to take a responsible attitude towards consumer privacy. However, since we do not have direct control over the policies or practices of participating merchants, Partners and other third parties, we are not responsible for the privacy practices or contents of those sites. We recommend and encourage that you always review the privacy policies of merchants and other third parties before you provide any personal information or complete any transaction with such parties.
3. Information We Collect and How We Use It
CitySourced collects certain information from and about its users four ways: (i) directly from our Web Server logs, (ii) our mobile application platform, (iii) the user, and (iv) with Cookies.
- Web Server LogsWhen you visit our Website or use our service through our mobile application platform, we may track information to administer the site and analyze its usage, improve our site and services we offer, or fulfill the purpose of your interaction with CitySourced (e.g. reporting an issue submitted by you to the appropriate public sector agency). Examples of information we may track include:
- Your Internet protocol address.
- Your mobile device platform.
- Your mobile device type.
- Your mobile device operating system.
- Your mobile device id.
- The kind of browser, computer, mobile platform and/or device you use.
- Your current location or user defined location.
- Number of links you click within the site.
- State or country from which you accessed the site.
- Date and time of your visit.
- Name of your Internet service provider.
- Web page you linked to our site from.
- Pages you viewed on the site.
- Personal Information UsesVisitors to our website or users of our mobile applications can register with us to become members of CitySourced. When you register, we will request some personal information such as name, address, email, telephone number and other relevant information. If you are purchasing a service, we may request financial information. Any financial information we collect is used only to bill you for the services you purchased. If you purchase by credit card, this information may be forwarded to your credit card provider. You may also be asked to disclose personal information to us so that we can provide assistance and information to you, or obtain assistance and information for you from one of our public sector, educational sector or other institutional partners (“Partners”).Information including members’ pictures (if uploaded) and screen names are displayed to people in order to facilitate user interaction in the CitySourced community. Other personal information will only be displayed to the public if you so choose. Email addresses (and first/last names) are used for the purposes of inviting new friends to join CitySourced, to add users to members’ friends’ networks, and to send notifications/correspondence related to the service. With the exception of inviting friends, adding friends, and notifications/correspondence related to the service, a member’s email address is not shared or displayed to people on the Website. Members within a personal network communicate on CitySourced with each other through the CitySourced.com service, without disclosing their email addresses. Members’ full names are never directly revealed to other members. To facilitate searching and finding friends and acquaintances on the service, CitySourced allows users to search for other members using first and last name, or email address. In addition, because elected officials and public agencies will often not accept correspondence from anonymous sources, if you choose to send a letter, email or facsimile using CitySourced services to an elected official, government officer or agency, your name, address and other relevant information may be included.Because the CitySourced services are primarily focused on obtaining a Partner response to a question, concern or issue you submit, we may share your personal information such as your name, email, telephone number and location with such Partners to obtain the response, information, or action you requested. In each case, CitySourced only shares such information insofar as it is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of your interaction with CitySourced (e.g. reporting an issue submitted by you to the appropriate municipal agency). Users always have the option to refuse to supply personally identifying information; however, this may prevent them from engaging in certain CitySourced-related activities and services.We may share aggregated demographic information about our member base with other entities, such as advertisers. This information does not identify individual users. We do not link aggregate user data with personally identifiable information. Other than the sharing of personally identifiable information described in the preceding paragraph, we may share personally identifiable information with third-party vendors and partners only in those situations where you have given us prior, specific permission to do so. Other that described above, any personal information you provide to us will not be given or sold to third parties, except in those situations where we are required to do so by law or if we have a good faith belief that disclosure is necessary to (1) comply with the law or with legal process served on us; (2) protect and defend our rights or property; or (3) act in an emergency to protect someone’s safety.
4. Changes to this Statement
CitySourced has the discretion to occasionally update this Privacy Statement. When we do, we will also revise the “updated” date at the top of this privacy page. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement to stay informed about how we are helping to protect the personal information we collect. Your continued use of the service constitutes your agreement to this Privacy Statement and any updates.
5. Consent to Collection and Processing in the United States
If you are located outside the United States, please note that by using CitySourced, you consent to having your personal data transferred to and processed in the United States. For users in England and Wales, the information you provide to CitySourced is also subject to the Data Protection Act 1998. You have a right of access under data protection legislation to the personal data that we hold about you.
6. Contacting Us
If you have questions regarding our Privacy Statement, its implementation, failure to adhere to this Privacy Statement and/or our general practices, please contact us at email@example.com or send your comments to:
914 Westwood Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90024
CitySourced will use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly respond and resolve any problem or question.